Re: Autorail Creusois- vintage train from Gueret to Felletin

by Dave » Wed 31 Aug 2016 11:03

I expect this is a nice railway journey. The railway yard at Felletin iirc isn't that great but there are a few things to do in the town to keep you amused for a few hours.

Did you try it?

I did a similar train outing down near Bourganeuf about a decade ago and it was very hot and sort of dull, plus it stopped at a small place in the middle of nowhere for several hours to let you watch about 30 minutes of local dancing in the blistering heat. That I'd not recommend.
Dave
Administrator

Re: Autorail Creusois- vintage train from Gueret to Felletin

by Creusebear » Sat 25 Feb 2017 11:23

Well, I meant to upload some photos from my trip but was thwarted by mobile phone technology and my inability to make Bluetooth work for me. It was a great way to spend a lazy day in August. The train was full and there was a running commentary in French about the history of the line and the train and of all the little towns we passed through. We got off at Aubusson and spent the afternoon pottering around the town window shopping before rejoining the train as it made its way back from Felletin to Gueret. There was also some in flight entertainment in the form of a lottery with prizes from the volunteers who run the train. I enjoyed it and would do it again,probably not this year, maybe stopping at Felletin this time. You get different view of the countryside from a train.
Creusebear