Passport photo
by Siptea Tue 27 Sep 2016 14:26

Hello all

Not sure where to ask this, but I need a passport photo for my Dutch passport. I have to renew it in Paris and I do not want to drive around there anymore than necessary so hope there's someone here, maybe Gueret because that's on our way. I found one on google named Albert and called him but he hung up on me once he heard my accent.

Does anyone know of a photographer who does international sized photos?

Thanks

Barbi

Siptea
Jul 2010
Re: Passport photo
by Dave Tue 27 Sep 2016 15:27

Many supermarkets have the photo booth things and I've used photos that I did in those for recent driving license and (UK) passport renewals without any issue.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Siptea Tue 27 Sep 2016 16:15

Unfortunately the French photo requirements are different, mostly with respect to head size in the photo. It won't match.

Siptea
Jul 2010
by Freezerbill Tue 27 Sep 2016 18:01

Do you know where the prefecture is?

With the office on your left go down that lane along the pedestrian area and shops. You will eventually come to a photographic shop that does weddings etc, its on your left.. They do passport photos. If you are not sure where i mean let me know and I will do a map

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by Siptea Tue 27 Sep 2016 19:30

Sorry I don't have any idea where the prefecture is. You might be talking about the place where I called, I found it on Google. He said it was close to a church. I did finally manage to get a hold of him and he didn't hang up on me this time. But he was a bit wacky and said his machine was broken until the 29th. If the one you're talking about is a different one, I would like to have that for back up.

Barbi

Do you know where the prefecture is?

With the office on your left go down that lane along the pedestrian area and shops. You will eventually come to a photographic shop that does weddings etc, its on your left.. They do passport photos. If you are not sure where i mean let me know and I will do a map
Said Freezerbill

Siptea
Jul 2010
by Freezerbill Tue 27 Sep 2016 20:09

gasnet, 4 Rue Jules Sandeau, Guéret,

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by Siptea Tue 27 Sep 2016 20:21

Yes he's the man I spoke to thank you

gasnet, 4 Rue Jules Sandeau, Guéret,
Said Freezerbill

Siptea
Jul 2010
by David_J Thu 29 Sep 2016 09:55

Unfortunately the French photo requirements are different, mostly with respect to head size in the photo. It won't match.
Said Siptea
I was puzzled by your comment Siptea. I used an auto machine (LeClerc, Carrefour?) for my French driving licence and it was accepted OK. Why would the machines be there if their product was unacceptable?

David_J
Aug 2006
by Siptea Thu 29 Sep 2016 14:05

Hi David

I'm sure they're acceptable for French drivers license iand passports. However, as I stated in the original post, I need a photo for my Dutch passport. And the requirements are different. If you go to the Dutch embassy online you can see the differences.

Said Siptea
I was puzzled by your comment Siptea. I used an auto machine (LeClerc, Carrefour?) for my French driving licence and it was accepted OK. Why would themachines be there if their product was unacceptable?
Said David_J

Siptea
Jul 2010
by Les Meuniers Thu 29 Sep 2016 20:30

it is my honest impression that if you sit a bit forward in a French, eg the big Carrefour at Gueret, photo booth you will be able to get it right. take a tape measure with you! it is only 5 euros (coins). yes I have looked at your requirements and I am wondering why if you are willing to make it to Paris you don't treat yourself to a day at home?? none of my business. Good luck bon courage veel geluk

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
by Siptea Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:12

I'd much rather pay extra and make sure that the photo is exactly right, otherwise we will be driving to Paris for nothing. I'm not sure what you mean by spend the day at home. I'm American and that's a bit far to drive to spend a day ha ha. I also have a Dutch passport because I fulfilled the language and culture requirements and I am married to a Dutchman. If you mean why don't we spend the day in Holland, it's because they will not mail the passport to us here in France from any location there. You have to pick it up in person with fingerprint identification. And we don't have time to sit there for several days and wait for it.

Barbi

it is my honest impression that if you sit a bit forward in a French, eg the big Carrefour at Gueret, photo booth you will be able to get it right. take a tape measure with you! it is only 5 euros (coins). yes I have looked at your requirements and I am wondering why if you are willing to make it to Paris you don't treat yourself to a day at home?? none of my business. Good luck bon courage veel geluk
Said Les Meuniers

Siptea
Jul 2010
by Siptea Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:19

Also I believe that the head size is dictated by a computer program, so no matter where you move in the photo booth it will always size your head to the French requirements. And in our case, we would have to move backward through the wall. Because the head size in the French photo is too big.

Said Les Meuniers

Siptea
Jul 2010
by Les Meuniers Wed 11 Jan 2017 12:40

I owe Siptea an apology, we did our UK passport forms with photobooth pics and mine was ok but his came back rejected so we tried again (same booth) and they accepted the second batch thank goodness. By the way when we did the forms it was a new online procedure and it was awful, I hope enough people have told them that to make them amend it!

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
by smilespwp Sun 05 Mar 2017 13:56

I don't know if this question has been resolved but if you were to go to any High Street photographer and take a copy of this NL document http://unitedkingdom.nlembassy.org/bina ... ons/53.pdf

I am sure he could accommodate you quite easily.

In the past, when in business, I provided passport photo facilities for UK, USA, Canada, India all having different requirements. Looking at the NL requirements, doesn't seem to be that complex. A decent photographer shouldn't have any problems following NL advice leaflets available in his native language.

Best regards

Brian

I'm On Skype ... Skype Me .... sollyhussar
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Siptea Sun 05 Mar 2017 23:06

It has been resolved, but thank you for your input. Can you please tell me what High Street means? Does that mean an expensive street with high prices?

I don't know if this question has been resolved but if you were to go to any High Street photographer and take a copy of this NL document http://unitedkingdom.nlembassy.org/bina ... ons/53.pdf

I am sure he could accommodate you quite easily.

In the past, when in business, I provided passport photo facilities for UK, USA, Canada, India all having different requirements. Looking at the NL requirements, doesn't seem to be that complex. A decent photographer shouldn't have any problems following NL advice leaflets available in his native language.
Said smilespwp

Siptea
Jul 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions