Crit'Air

by Ricardo » Wed 03 May 2017 21:51

I have only just discovered this through a friend so I have just made my application. Have anyone else living in the UK applied for their Vignette yet? How long does it take to arrive after applying on line? I understand that although it applies to pollution hotspots, such as Paris, it is obligatory for all vehicles to display the sticker or be fined up to £116.
Ricardo
Ricardo
New Poster

Re: Crit'Air

by RobertArthur » Thu 04 May 2017 08:58

As far as I understand it there is no general obligation. From this French government's website the following quote: "Le certificat est obligatoire seulement dans certaines zones. Il peut également permettre de bénéficier de certains avantages instaurés par les collectivités." As long as you don't want to go during pollution peaks downtown Paris, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Reims or Lille (real soon now), don't you worry. In the coming years more cities will probably follow these first initiatives. Longread.
RobertArthur
Good Poster

Re: Crit'Air

by Dave » Thu 04 May 2017 10:19

I took a look at it a while back and chose to ignore it, since it is another government paperwork exercise. They have all the information that they need already linked to your number plate and carte gris so there seems no point whatsoever in having a sticker in the car window (except to fine you if you don't have it) and I expect it'll be phased out before it's likely to apply to Guéret. If you drive in the centre of big cities then I guess you'll need it soon or risk a fine.
Dave
Administrator