Crit'Air
by Ricardo Wed 03 May 2017 21:51

I have only just discovered this through a friend so I have just made my application. Have anyone else living in the UK applied for their Vignette yet? How long does it take to arrive after applying on line? I understand that although it applies to pollution hotspots, such as Paris, it is obligatory for all vehicles to display the sticker or be fined up to £116.

Ricardo
Jul 2009
Re: Crit'Air
by RobertArthur Thu 04 May 2017 08:58

As far as I understand it there is no general obligation. From this French government's website the following quote: "Le certificat est obligatoire seulement dans certaines zones. Il peut également permettre de bénéficier de certains avantages instaurés par les collectivités." As long as you don't want to go during pollution peaks downtown Paris, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Reims or Lille (real soon now), don't you worry. In the coming years more cities will probably follow these first initiatives. Longread.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by Dave Thu 04 May 2017 10:19

I took a look at it a while back and chose to ignore it, since it is another government paperwork exercise. They have all the information that they need already linked to your number plate and carte gris so there seems no point whatsoever in having a sticker in the car window (except to fine you if you don't have it) and I expect it'll be phased out before it's likely to apply to Guéret. If you drive in the centre of big cities then I guess you'll need it soon or risk a fine.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by RobertArthur Thu 01 Jun 2017 07:54

Let's be practical I thought, several times a year I'll have to pass through Lille, try to avoid Paris by taking the outer ring, the Francilienne, and sometimes visit Dijon. And several years ago I had the pleasure of going down-town Paris, to Gare du Nord, to pick-up a friend. Might be useful some day, you never know.

Good news #1: the special French government's website works as it should and to my surprise offers you the choise of four languages, including English.You have to do some homework:

Applying for your certificate, option 'Vehicles Registered Abroad'
Date of first registration DD/MM/YYYY
Vehicle category
Fuel
Certificate issuing country
VIN Number
Brand
Euro Standard
CO2 emission
upload the registration certificate
Creditcard payment.

Please take note: the picture of your license plate should be less than 400 kB, otherwise the system refuses any step further in the desired direction.

Good news #2: including postage it's only 4.80 euro.

Mixed news #3: it takes them up to 6 weeks to get the eco-sticker delivered. My return email from them (within two days) includes a nice pdf facture with all the details and a convenient touch of practical insight: " le coupon ci-dessous peut être utilisé comme justificatif provisoire de classement du véhicule dans l'attente de la réception du Certificat qualité de l'air par courrier". So with a print in your car you have nothing to fear but the lorries on the French autoroutes.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by RobertArthur Sun 11 Jun 2017 22:51

Good news #4: After ordering and paying I received immediately a confirmation mail:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear,

Thank you for completing an Air Quality Certificate Order. It is currently being processed.

Your order number is xxxxyyyyzzzzz. This number allows you to track your order. We advise you to keep it carefully.

Please find the registration required below:

Registration number(s) :
AB CDE 1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later an email with an attached facture, almost as official as the sticker itself:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madame, Monsieur,

Nous vous prions de bien vouloir trouver en pièce jointe votre facture relative à votre commande de certificat de qualité de l’air concernant le véhicule immatriculé AB CD 1.

Votre certificat sera expédié prochainement par courrier à l’adresse où le véhicule est enregistré.
Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.

Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

Le service de délivrance des certificats de qualité de l’air

Ce message est automatique, veuillez ne pas y répondre

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four days later Mr Postman dropped a letter in my (non-French) postbox from the "Ministère de l 'Environnement, de l'Énergie et de la Mer". Signed, sealed, delivered, the sticker is mine now.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions