Just wow!

by Creusebear » Mon 17 Apr 2017 12:42

Coming to the end of an idyllic two weeks in Creuse! Leaving is going to be so hard this time. We have been visiting now for over ten years and I still love it. The weather was perfect and the dandelions were out. My highlight must be ...
spending a lazy day just sat on a riverbank reading in the sunshine, with a huge baguette sandwich from the bakery and the sound of the water trickling over the weir ...
or maybe tackling a massively overgrown apple tree in the garden with ropes, ladders and saws and Tom shouting helpful comments from the ground ...
or the amazingly simple but perfect lunch at a local restaurant ...
or finding a solitary bat suspended from the roof of the cellar ...
or catching up with the neighbours and feeling part of the community even though only part time.
Summer seems a long way off now.
Creusebear

Re: Just wow!

by Dave » Mon 24 Apr 2017 08:57

You picked a good two weeks to visit weather wise. A lazy day by a river sounds really good. We did manage a short picnic on the riverside which was a real treat this early in the year. We also seem to have a single bat that lives in a crack between two big beams that span our barn door opening. I've put up a bat box on a nearby tree to encourage them but no takers yet.
Dave
Administrator